|| A Studebaker Reference Guide
This is a list of brake related tips/tricks:
Contents | Chapter 2
- When changing brakes, change the wheel cylinders and
replace the old hardware with a kit.
- On drum brakes, the short lining goes to the front of the
- Grease the rests on which the brake shoes ride on the
- Resurface the brake drums, the size is printed on the
outside of the drum.
- Use brake drum cleaner on the brake shoes after they are on
to get ride of dust and oil.
- Before installing a new master cylinder, pre-bleed the