|| A Studebaker Reference Guide
This is a list of general automotive related tips/tricks:
Contents | Chapter 2
- Oil aluminum to aluminum threads to prevent cross
- Put a bit of hand cleaner on the hose and nipple to slide
rubber hose onto fittings.
- Use ribbon or Teflon tape to seal threads of flat hose
- Use brake cleaner to degrease general areas - be careful of
- Use terminal grease on external snap together wiring
connectors to keep out moisture.
- Spray cast iron parts with liquid wrench to prevent
rusting after washing - blow the parts dry before spraying
- Driving your car with a dirty air filter can increase fuel
comsumption by 10%.
- Change your fuel filter every 10,000 miles or as
recommended by your owners manual.
- Before applying double sided tape - clean the area with
alcohol first to remove any oils or dirt.